Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Worktime ramblings

Poetry ain't my strong spot, but I'm gonna try
Because I ain't got no strong pot, I ain't gonna lie.
I'm just sittin' here at my computer,
Makin a buck, testin' my luck
Tryin' to get my feet out da muck

Figure if I type some lines, work in some phat rhymes
Maybe time will pass me by, and sooner fly
Back to the home base, where I may cry
But never die.

Workin at the lab's got me straight on the flow
Sittin in the background, seein' all these people I know
But they don't notice me sittin' here
Watching them do their thing, sippin' their beer
They just pass on by, without a second thought,
Only thinkin 'bout that pot they bought
The night before.

Or maybe they do see me,
Out the corner of their eye
But give it a quick thought
And choose to pass on by.
Maybe it's 'cause they think I forgot
All the faces mixin' together like melting dippin dots

Or maybe they're just shy, just tryin' to get on by
Without me noticin', 'cause they don't wanna try
To break through emotion
Take the strange potion
Turn into a rabbit, wear the love lotion.

No, these kids they just hide
From themselves, from the world
Thinkin' they're preservin' their pride,
Don't wanna let their hair go unfurled.

But if you can't find the courage to say hi to this guy,
You better reconsider your style,
Throw your baggage in the pile,
Swim the wrong way up the Nile,
Go the extra mile.

Release your preconceptions and come say hello
Don't worry, be happy, just let the chat flow.

No comments: